Tuesday 25 February 2014

Task 4: What have I learned?

By using digital media technologies I have used technological convergence to ensure that I have produced three products as a part of a successful campaign.  My use of blogger, YouTube and WIX has enabled me to become a prosumer and a creator of media products to a near professional standard. 

The use of Final cut pro as a piece of editing software has taught me how to select and organise a music video to a very high standard using semi-professional media equipment. 

 I have also been able to share ideas and research global and industry standard products.  Digital technology has made available to me opportunities to upload, share and distribute my products using You tube as a free online broadcast platform.  It is also interactive – audiences have been able to feedback, like and comment on my products using features such as Facebook and SurveyMonkey as well as other online tools.  These new skills learned on this course have enabled to gain experience not only as a user of digital technology, but also to also become a producer – which is important to understand the media in the online age.

 Henry Jenkins is very interested in examining this ‘participatory culture’ and most specifically how the Internet has brought it to the forefront through offering opportunities for regular audience members to produce and upload their own products – something that I have achieved by uploading my music video and director's cut to YouTube, as well as blogging my process of the course on Blogger.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment